Hey y’all! Hope everybody is happy, healthy, and primarily, safe out there!
In response to our COVID-19-Induced Impromptu Extended Spring Break Extravaganza, we have compiled a list of quarantine-friendly activities to keep everyone entertained, and to make sure all our campers stay happy campers!
- Dig up old Halloween costumes, write skits, and perform them. Switch roles.
- Practice no-trace play in your own house, cleaning up every three hours.
- Learn a new language on Duolingo.
- Read a good book aloud.
- Cook in the backyard. (Hello, s’mores!!)
- Bake something from scratch that is a little bit of a challenge.
- Make a scrapbook.
- Teach yourself to juggle. Start with silk scarves or bandannas.
- Plant a container vegetable garden. Start with seeds.
- Write an illustrated biography for each pet or stuffed animal you’ve known.
- Record your family history. Call relatives for more details. Draw the family tree.
- Take a nature hike! Learn the names of the birds, trees and flowers that you see.
- Sing camp songs! Have a look at our songbook!
One grandmother that I know reads to her grandchildren for 15 minutes a day—over the phone! Maybe you know someone confined to their home who could read to you.
- Virtual Field Trips. When you click on this link you can experience zoos, Mars, Yellowstone National Park, and more. Also crafts to go with your virtual tour. Click here to begin!
- Boredom Busters: 110 Fun Activities. (Courtesy of FamilyEGuide) Surely something on this list will entertain and/or amuse your kids. Click here to check them all out.
When all else fails, play the board game Pandemic!!